Aspire Coronation Trust ( ACT) announces application procedures for her 2019 entrepreneurial grants
Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a grant making organization established in 2016 to support local, national and regional non – profit organizations working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the African Continent.
The Grant Application Guidelines
STEP 1: COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION
- All initial applications will be made via the online application portal. Unsolicited applications will not be considered (ONLY organizations that meet all the eligibility criteria will be considered for funding).
Only organizations whose applications are approved by management will be contacted to submit full proposals.
STEP 2: REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL.
- Only successful applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal with a detailed budget for the grants.
- Projects must indicate a strong Monitoring and Evaluation Plan as well as show a sustainability plan.
- Applicants will be requested to submit references and due diligence will be conducted on all organizations.
- Applicants may be required to submit further information to provide clarity on projects.
- Curriculum Vitae of all members of the project team should be attached to proposal
- Any conflict of interest should be declared at the application stage
- All proposals will be reviewed by an independent selection committee.
- All applicants will receive final feedback on proposals sent and any enquires at this stage can be made to ACT foundation programs team via firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 3: DUE DILIGENCE VISIT AND BACKGROUND CHECK
- Upon final approval of the proposal, organizations will be formally notified and presented with the foundation’s MOU to be signed by the selected organizations before disbursement of funds.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
- Organization applying for grant must have been registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria or an appropriate body within Africa for a least TWO years
- Must be legally registered as a Non Profit organization (GTE/LTD)
- Required to show a strong governance structure (Board of Directors, CEO, Management Staff etc.)
- May be required to show evidence of other sources of funding.
- Required to show audited financial statements of no longer than two years before the application for funding.
- Organization must show track record of past projects and work done in the ACT Foundation focus area of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Environment engagement.
- Proposed projects/programs must have a maximum life cycle of 12 months i.e. it must be executed and completed within 6 to 12 months.
- The organization applying is required to have staff strength of at least 5 Individuals and this will be verified by the Foundation
- Organization is required to be open to independent audit of disbursed grants by the Foundation.