The Federal Government of Nigeria has launched yet another youth empowerment programme, this latest youth empowerment scheme is called P-YES.
P-YES means Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme. The scheme is structured as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative driven by the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Students Affairs (OSAPYSA).
The program is targeted at providing solutions to the challenges of youth unemployment, through the execution of direct empowerment initiatives.
In case you’re curious, the new Presidential Youth empowerment scheme P-YES is like the NPOWER. However, while Npower beneficiaries are posted to publicly owned establishments such as schools, hospitals etc, P-YES beneficiaries will be trained and empowered on certain areas of vocations and businesses.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF P-YES?
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) has been conceived and designed to:
- Fight and reduce unemployment among Nigerian youth by creating at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities.
- Train and empower youth to have the capacity to empower at least one other youth within his/her immediate community.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE PRESIDENTIAL YOUTH EMPOWERMENT SCHEME P-YES
The newly launched federal government youth empowerment scheme P-YES portal has been opened online. Interested applicants may as well apply directly at P-YES office Abuja @
P-YES Helps and Supports
Youth and Student Affairs.
5th floor, Wing B Phase 1,
Federal Secretatiat Complex.
You can access the P-YES website HERE.
P-YES APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
Applicant must :
- Be a Nigerian male or female between the ages of 18 and 40.
- Have a means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC).
- Provide a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB) to qualify for benefitting from the scheme.
- Posses ability to communicate in Basic English language and or any local Nigerian language.
- Have provable upright character and a stable mind.
- Provide a guarantor preferably a community or religious leader.
- have ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- Posses the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
- Can be literate, semi-literate, SSCE, NCE, OND, HND, Bsc, Masters holders
NATURE OF P-YES PROGRAM
successful youths will undergo training in multiple vocations such as agriculture, Information technology, fashion, catering, technology acquisition and many other strategic vocations
Successful trainees will be equipped with Seed Empowerment Tools (SET)s such as rice mills, poultry accessories, branded mobile kiosks, farm implements, mobile restaurants, tents, photography units etc.
P-YES APPLICATION PROCEDURE.
How to apply for the Presidential Youth empowerment Scheme?
You begin by visiting the P-YES application portal (HERE),
On the P-YES portal choose “Start your Application”
I’d advise you read the instruction on the page before scrolling to the bottom of the page and click on “start now“
You will need an active phone number and an optional email to fill the form. At this stage, try to input a password that you can easily remember or better still write it somewhere safe for later reference.
After you signup you will recieve a P-YES activation code on the phone number and email you provided. For those that are having P-YES activation code issues, kindly send a mail to the email provided on the P-YES portal or call the phone numbers.
With your P-YES activation code that has been sent to either or both your phone or email, go to the P-YES login page, login with your phone number and password to begin your application.
After completing the filling and submission of your P-YES application form, kindly print out your P-YES Guarantor form.
For more information and application